Ten reasons to find an SPF 30 which includes Micronized Titanium:
Micronized titanium dioxide is a form of titanium dioxide that has been milled into very small particles.
It is often used as a physical sunscreen ingredient in SPF 30 skin care products because it is able to scatter and reflect UV light, providing protection against sunburn and long-term skin damage.
Here are 10 benefits of using micronized titanium dioxide in skin care products and SPF 30 day creams:
- Micronized titanium dioxide is an excellent physical sunscreen ingredient, able to scatter and reflect UV light for broad-spectrum protection against both UVA and UVB radiation.
- It is a very stable and effective sunscreen ingredient that is not easily degraded by exposure to sunlight or other environmental factors.
- Micronized titanium dioxide is generally non-irritating and well-tolerated by most people, making it a good choice for those with sensitive skin.
- It is an excellent choice for use in daily moisturizers and other skin care products that are designed to be used over long periods of time.
- Using micronized titanium dioxide in an SPF 30 day cream can help to provide long-lasting sun protection that is effective against both UVA and UVB radiation.
- It can help to prevent sunburn and other forms of short-term skin damage, as well as protect against long-term skin aging and other negative effects of UV exposure.
- If you're looking for a sunscreen ingredient that won't leave a white cast on your skin, micronized titanium dioxide is a great option.
- It's not just for beach bums - even if you don't spend a lot of time in the sun, using an SPF 30 day cream with micronized titanium dioxide can help to protect your skin from the harmful effects of everyday UV exposure.
- Don't let the word "titanium" fool you - using micronized titanium dioxide in your skin care routine won't make you stronger than a robot. But it will help to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful.
- Protect your skin and have some fun in the sun - just remember to reapply your micronized titanium dioxide-containing SPF 30 day cream every two hours (or immediately after swimming or sweating).
Micronized Titanium is an excellent alternative to legacy ingredients, due to its ability to provide effective protection against harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays.
This ingredient is composed of small particles of titanium dioxide, which scatter and reflect UV radiation, preventing it from penetrating the skin.
Numerous scientific studies have demonstrated the efficacy and safety of micronized titanium in protecting the skin from UV damage.
One study published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology found that micronized titanium provided superior protection against both UVA and UVB rays compared to other sunscreen ingredients such as avobenzone and octinoxate.
Another study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology concluded that micronized titanium was highly effective at preventing sunburn and reducing the risk of skin cancer.
Popular ingredient list Paula's Choice classifies this ingredient as "Best" in class.
In addition to its UV-protective properties, micronized titanium also offers other benefits for the skin. It is non-comedogenic, meaning it does not clog pores, and it has a low risk of causing skin irritation or allergic reactions. This makes it an ideal ingredient for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
Furthermore, micronized titanium has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which may help to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin.
Overall, micronized titanium is a highly effective and safe ingredient for UV protection in skin care formulations. Its ability to provide broad-spectrum protection, along with its other beneficial properties, make it a valuable addition to many sunscreens and other skin care products.
- Sarveiya V, et al. “Protection against ultraviolet-B radiation-induced local and systemic suppression of contact hypersensitivity and edema responses in C3H/HeN mice by sunscreens.” Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2004; 122(2): 434-43.
- Gilaberte Y, et al. “Photoprotective capacity of a sunscreen containing micronized titanium dioxide and other sunscreens under outdoor conditions: a randomized double-blind controlled trial.” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2013; 68(4): 584-591.
Remember, micronized titanium is effective against other forms of radiation too - blue light for example so it makes sense wearing it whatever the weather - indoors or out.
Quality skin care products tend to use micronized titanium in their ingredient list.
Kalōnology out of the UK for example have a range of fantastic treatment grade products which are effective against premature ageing of the skin.
Kalōnology is only available online at www.kalonology.com They are currently offering a 20% discount on your introductory purchase directly on their website while stocks last - simply add the code GETLESS20% during checkout - they ship Worldwide.